Cold Comfort Chilaquiles (also, Tacos)
|Scramble eggs with left-over tortilla chips for a quick version of "chilaquiles".|
Should I call Ghost Busters? A therapist?
No, instead I fixed myself a after-work scrambled egg taco between getting dropped off, racing home on my bike, and realizing that if I slowed down for a second I might let my ghosts catch up to me and overwhelm me.
But it just goes to show you, even if you are a little sad, you still have time to eat right.
But it probably wouldn't hurt to call a therapist.
Friday Night Breakfast Taco For Dinner:
- 2 farm fresh pastured chicken eggs (my release manager at work sells dozens from the farm he and his wife live on, and vegetables during the summer).
- Mushrooms, chopped.
- A pat (let's call it two and half tablespoons) of cream cheese.
- A heaping half cup of Quick-Pickle Cabbage*.
- Sriracha to taste.
- A couple dabs of mayonnaise.
- Two corn tortillas, grilled.
Reduce the heat to the lowest and crack the eggs over. Wait for a minute, then stir in the cream cheese. Stir until the eggs come together and remove from heat.
Total cook time about 5 minutes, start to finish.
Top tortillas with dab of mayonnaise, cabbage and sriracha, then top with eggs. Garnish with cilantro if you have it.
* Quick-Pickle Cabbage:
- 1 whole medium green cabbage, shredded.
- Healthy pinch of Kosher Salt.
- 1/4 cup of Lev's Original Kombucha Vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons of dry dill.
I made a "chilaquiles" version of this for breakfast. Just add tortilla chips with the cream cheese and stir everything together.
Here's a picture (that moves!):
(If you have trouble sleeping while being haunted by your ghosts, Colin Hay feels your pain.)