Cabbage is always cool, but with fall in the air, its now in season.
There are a million different ways to make slaw - not just the creamy, mayonnaise version you find in plastic jugs at summer picnics. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
At Chowbacca! we like to mix it up a little bit. I've been stocking my pantry with Asian ingredients and condiments so I thought I'd use some of those items in today's slaw.
Spicy Asian Red Cabbage Slaw:
- 1 small head of red cabbage, chiffonade.
- 1/4 cup of Lev's Original Green Tea Kombucha Vinegar. *
- 1 small red pimento pepper, jullienne.
- 1 tablespoon Lev's Hot Kombucha Mustard.
- 2 dashes of fish sauce (nam pla).
- 2 pinches of kosher salt.
- 1 tablespoon of dry dill.
- 2 teaspoons of dark sesame oil.
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
Mix and let sit for at least an hour, better still over night in your refrigerator.
You know what this goes great with? Breakfast tacos!
* We're counting this as an Asian ingredient since both Lev and his trusty brewmaster, The Kombucha Man are from Uzbekistan.