I just whipped up some "truffles" for the kids. These are an easy, healthy and delicious alternative to the traditional ganache based truffle. I love to sneak in "desserts" like this, and they are great as a snack or a treat in the ol' lunch box.
The ingredients for these are a snap and you can easily adjust it to your taste preferences but, here are proportions I used.
Dried Fruit Truffles:
- 1 Cup dried, pitted dates.
- ½ Cup dried sour cherries
- 3 Whole dried plums/prunes.
- 1 Tbps unsweetened cocoa powder (if you like more chocolate-y flavor add 2 teaspoons more)
- 2 Tsps unrefined coconut oil.
- 1/3 Cup of shredded coconut
Blitz until every thing is in itty-bitty pieces.
Add the coconut oil and the cocoa powder. Blend until pasty.
With your hands, roll about 2 teaspoons of the mixture into small balls and dredged through shredded coconut.
Makes about 15-20 truffles.