Occupy Your Kitchen: Cilantro Cream Soup with Tilapia
Blammo! Another Chowbacca! original!
Cilantro Cream Soup with Tilapia:
- 1/2lbs of tilapia (an entire filet).
- 2 cups of lobster meat stock.
- 1 cup of cilantro stems and leaves, loose.
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream (or half and half - or skip it if you are counting calories).
- 1/4 medium size avocado of your prefered variety.
- A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Raw extra-virgin olive oil to garnish (or skip, again, if you are counting calories).
Poach the tilapia with the cilantro, salt and stock over low heat for about 15-20 minutes until a fork goes through the tilapia but it is still somewhat firm.
Remove the fish and break into large chunks in a serving bowl.
Blend stock and cilantro with a stick blender for a couple of minutes, leaving some chunks of leaves. Discard any stems that get stuck in the blade (that's the tough stuff).
Bring to a boil, add hot sauce and boil for 5 minutes, reducing slightly. Remove from heat and add cream. Add pepper and additional hot sauce if you like.
Pour over fish, garnish with olive oil and avocado.
Serve with fresh fried corn tortillas.
Lobster Meat Stock:
- Lobster carcasses.
- Meat stock to cover.
Bring stock to a boil, add carcasses, reduce to a simmer, simmer for 20-30 minutes, discard carcasses and strain.