My roommate upped the ante by taking my left-over empanada filling, added some potatoes and peas and curry and made samosas, so I re-upped the ante and took that left over filling, added back more squash, more curry, some chili powder and cheese and killed off the rest of the pie dough.
- 1 cup of pie dough, rolled 1/4" thick.
- 1 1/2 cup of samosa filling.
Roll out the dough and arrange in a 7" sautée pan, trim the edges and re-roll into a disc to cover the filling.
Fill pan, cover and crimp with your index finger and thumb.
- 2/3 cups pumpkin paste or baked squash filling.
- Optional: 1/4 cup of pork chorizo.
- 1/2 cup mashed or smashed potatoes.
- 1/4 cup frozen peas.
- Optional: 1/3 cup of paneer, cut into 1/2" cubes.
- 2 tsp madras chili powder.
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint or basil.
Bake at 425ºF for 40 minutes, then brush the top with milk and bake for another 10 minute at 550ºF.
Let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into, and garnish with some lovely tomato jam (you'll have to ask g0b0t for the recipe!).