|Yes, Tom Petty, The Waiting is the Hardest Part|
The recipe I messed with can be found here. Thanks, Chew Out Loud!
• ⅓ cup white sugar (I did 1/2 cup)
• ½ cup packed brown sugar
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon (Hell, I added cinnamon until it tasted like my favorite cookie)
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream (I went two cups, therefore ...)
• 1½ cups half and half (... I cut this to half a cup)
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (Three! Four? It was 3 a.m.!)
1 Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl to combine well. Cover and chill in fridge 2 hours or overnight.
2 Pour mixture into a 1-quart ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instruction. Typically about 30 minutes.
3 Immediately transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ice cream is "set."
4 Recipe may be doubled for a 2-quart ice cream maker.