California is Burning
|Actual food porn.|
You should be eating those juicy peaches shown above, and padapam squash, and freakishly early tomatoes (season usually doesn't peak until the end of August).
Eat! Enjoy this while you can! Because we will all be living in a waterless Mad-Max hellscape soon.
Your friends from Chowbacca!
|I know, I need to clean off my desk.|
- 2 whole wheat 5" tortillas,
- A few slices of deli turkey breast,
- 1 ounce fresh mozzarella cut into 2 2/1" disks,
- 1/2 of a ripe white peach cut into wedges,
- 1/4 of a ripe heirloom tomato, cut into wedges,
- 1/2 of a padapam squash, cut into wedges,
- Handful of sweet basil,
- Salt & pepper,
- Extra virgin olive oil.
The tomato and peach are perfect as is, so we are going to do very little to them: pinch of salt, pinch of pepper, basil.
The padapam should be sautéed in a hot large pan or skillet with a small amount of oil until browned on at least one side. Move these to one side of the pan to make room for your tortillas.
Over lowest of heat, arrange tortillas. Add the cheese in the center of each tortilla, then top with turkey. Cook for about 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Garnish everything with basil.